Job vacancy: Sales Account Manager
Water leakage technology (software)
Date posted: 14/04/2022
Salary range: £30,000 to £35,000 plus commission
Take your sales career to the next level and help us save the planet. We urgently need a Sales Account Manager with a proven, successful track record, ideally with previous experience in a similar role within the water or technology industry.
The opportunity will require you to pro-actively develop and account manage a portfolio of national and international customers. You will use your strong new business development skills to identify and open new accounts and through a consultative sales approach take opportunities into contract. The successful candidate will support the Head of Account Management (UK) in progressing opportunities through tenders and frameworks and will direct account management with all key stakeholders. They will also support international opportunities and campaigns.
- Develop strong strategic relationships with new and existing clients within the water industry, with regular contact to build rapport.
- Take responsibility for the accounts assigned by the Head of Account Management, to ensure that company profitability, client requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Develop and maintain client account development plans to maximise profitability. Annually review plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Implement, monitor, report and forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin to maximise future performance.
- Ensure quality and consistency always, in line with the company guidelines.
- Utilise the CRM/prospect database to produce accurate sales pipeline for future planning and forecasting and to track account development.
- Support the Head of Account Management with day-to-day administrative duties and at client meetings.
- Attend industry related events as an advocate of the brand.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in account management (preferable in either technology, SaaS, DaaS or the water industry).
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Appetite to identify, drive & manage business growth.
- Ability to handle customer and internal relationships to a high standard.
- Pro-active, autonomous approach to go beyond client expectations.
- Ability to explain reasonably complex issues simply.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Ability to network and communicate professionally with senior stakeholders.
- An understanding of, and interest in, technology solutions.
- Experience of working within the water industry or with water leakage solutions.