Job vacancy: Python Developer
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 pa
Location: Based in Bicester with flexible home working
Benefits: Pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), modern working environment, great team spirit
Reports to: Head of Software Development
We’re looking for an experienced Python developer who is looking for a role where you have the chance to make a positive difference.
FIDO has been recognised as the UK’s top Tech Innovator; we’re developing machine-learning solutions to one of the world’s most pressing problems – water scarcity. Our pioneering AI detects underground water leaks and works out their size through super accurate analysis of acoustic data.
You’ll be an integral part of FIDO AI’s ongoing world-beating development, working as part of a scrum team focused on delivering machine learning solutions.
We’re a small but enthusiastic team working in a great modern environment with good benefits.
This role will be a hybrid working model working three days a week from our Bicester office and two days from home. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their proficiency in Python by taking a 90-minute online test.
- Develop a wide range of Python projects to assist the AI team in building models, datasets, and ML architecture
- Writing unit tests and testing Python codebase
- System and integration testing of FIDO products
- Development of tools to assist with building and cleaning datasets
- Deployment and delivery of machine learning models and predictions
- Contribute to maintaining and building robust cloud-based systems
Skills and experience
- BSc/BEng degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Proficient in Python. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate proficiency through an online screening test
- Proficiency with graph databases, SQL, Linux, and cloud-based architectures would be beneficial
- Agile Scrum experience preferred
- Awareness of software development, ML Ops and Dev Ops best practice