Job vacancy: Leakage Technical Engineer
Date posted: 24/06/2022
Location: Based in Bicester or Wigan, with both off-site and flexible home working
Benefits: Pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), company vehicle, great team spirit
Reports to: Optimisation manager
We need an experienced water leakage engineer to teach our growing portfolio of UK clients learn how to adopt FIDO AI and enhance their field operations.
You will help field teams through the onboarding using various training methods and on-site support. By working so closely with clients you will spot ideas which have the potential to develop our world-first leak detection technology for the better. The successful candidate will be expected to represent FIDO on trials of FIDO technology with the company’s clients and will also provide technical support to the Optimisation manager.
A great working knowledge of the challenges and motivations of UK leakage teams will be essential to ensure they get the best possible customer experience and performance.
based either in Bicester, Oxfordshire, or Worthington, near Wigan, this role will involve frequent visits to customer sites across the UK. You must be comfortable working flexible hours and living away from home for short periods of time.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide classroom training on FIDO technology
- Provide on site training on FIDO technology
- Provide onsite, telephone and email support and skill development on FIDO technology
- Conduct leakage detection and pinpointing to assist client’s adoption of FIDO technology
- Provide feedback to the development team on client issues with FIDO technology
- Provide feedback on new ideas, client recommendations to the development team for future development of FIDO technology
- Deliver trials of FIDO technology for the company’s clients
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years in similar role
- Highly experienced in Leak detection methodologies (required)
- Highly proficient in FIDO technology (required)
- Ability to present to a wide range of audiences (required)
- Proficient in IT and interpretation and analysing of data
- Ability to complete risk assessments
- Ability to self manage workload and schedule
- Resilient and calm-natured
- Prepared to travel as part of the role