Job vacancy: Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000pa
Location: Based in Bicester with flexible home working
Benefits: Pension, 28 days holiday, modern working environment, great team spirit
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
FIDO Tech’s CEO is trying to save the world from water scarcity with our amazing water-leak detecting AI.
But the job of running a global software company also involves chairing important national tech committees, addressing conferences and talking to Governments around the world.
She urgently needs a resourceful, innovative, proactive and reliable assistant to manage her schedule, ensure actions are promptly and effectively followed-up and optimise her time by supporting her in her role of delivering the company’s vision.
Occasional support may also be needed by other members of the executive team.
We’re looking for a proactive and resourceful executive assistant to provide comprehensive assistance to our dynamic and busy CEO.
You’ll need to take the initiative and be very organised, a great communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills. You’ll be dealing with sensitive company information, so discretion is required.
You’ll be a gatekeeper, managing her diary across time zones, and becoming the first point of contact for many people contacting the organisation. You’ll need to be able to assess and prioritise tasks, but not be averse to getting stuck into some other hands-on tasks as the need arises.
We’re a small but rapidly growing global company, so the job will be hugely varied and rewarding. It’s yours to make it your own.
If you want to join a company with a positive environment, great career progression opportunities, benefits and a team of bright, motivated people, get in touch!
Skills and experience
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role
- Proficiency in office software applications including MSOffice
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Business degree or similar qualification would be an advantage
- Resilience and calm-nature
Areas of responsibility
- Act as the main point of contact for the CEO for employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the CEO’s calendars and set-up or modify meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements, as necessary
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Write correspondence with internal and external stakeholders – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Attend meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up actions are delivered
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Support for other members of the executive team and office manager as required