Job vacancy: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000 pa dependent on experience
Location: Based in Bicester with flexible home working two days a week
Benefits: Pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site parking, great team spirit
Reports to: Head of Software Development
We’ve got an opportunity for an experienced embedded C developer to join the FIDO team – the UK’s top Tech Innovator.
As an integral part of the team, you’ll be able to play your part in helping us develop machine-learning solutions to tackle one of the world’s most pressing problems – water scarcity. Our pioneering AI detects underground water leaks and works out their size through super accurate analysis of acoustic and kinetic data.
This role will see the successful candidate working to develop firmware for FIDO’s current and upcoming products. We’re a small but enthusiastic team working in a great modern environment with good benefits.
Salary will be based on experience and a practical coding test in C will form part of the application process.
Skills and experience
- BSc/BEng degree or experience in relevant area
- Skilled in embedded C development
- Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
– Embedded communication protocols (SPI, I2C, UART)
– Digital signal processing
– Unit and integration testing
Areas of responsibility
- Maintain and develop the firmware for FIDOs current embedded solutions
- Design and develop firmware for FIDOs upcoming releases
- Unit, integration and system testing of FIDO hardware
- Contribute to FIDOs TinyML, edge detection solutions